Blackjack is a game of both luck and strategy; therefore good advices can be very helpful for those who wish to improve their game. On this page we’ll provide our readers with useful blackjack tips in order help them to improve their chances to win.
Here are the most useful tips for blackjack players:
- You’ll never win with less than 17 (unless the dealer busts) so always hit when you have 17 or less, especially when the dealer has cards that are unlikely to make him bust (higher cards such as K, Q, J and 10). If the dealer has 3, 4 or 5, there are more chances that he’ll bust.
- Never split 10’s and 5’s. Always split Aces, 8’s and 7’s against a dealer’s card of lower or equal value.
- Insurance is useless in most cases. Unless you’re counting cards, don’t take it.
- If you have a hard 17 or higher and the dealer’s face up card is 7 or lower- always stand!
- If you have a hard 13-16 and the dealer’s face up card is 6 or lower- always stand. If the dealer’s face up card is 7-ace- hit!
- If you have 12 and the dealer’s face up card is 2, 3, 7 or higher- always hit.
- Hit a soft 17 if the dealer has a 10.
- Always stand on a soft 19.
- Even if it seems dangerous, hit when you have soft 18 and the dealer’s face up card is 9, 19 or Ace. Stand on soft 18 if the dealer’s card is 2, 7 and 8. Double down if the dealer has 3, 4, 5 or 6.
- Double down if you have a 9 and the dealer has 3, 4, 5 or 6. Double down if you have a 10 and the dealer has anything but a 10 or an ace. Double down if you have 11 and the dealer has anything but an ace.